Mrs. Kelly Marotz
Mrs. Kelly Marotz is the Principal of District 172
On behalf of the staff at Sandridge Elementary School, I am happy to welcome you to the 2020-2021 school year! We are looking forward to a productive partnership with you to ensure our children can achieve their highest potential. We recognize that in order to be successful in school, our children need support from both the home and school. We know a strong partnership with you will make a great difference in your child’s education. As partners, we share the responsibility for our children’s success and want you to know that we will do our very best to carry out our responsibilities. For at least the first quarter, Sandridge School students will be learning remotely. We ask that you guide and support your child’s learning by ensuring that he/she:
- Signs in to the school issued device daily and on time. The student should be ready for the day’s learning experience just as they would if they were coming to school in person.
- Completes all assignments given by teachers
- Reads daily to develop a love for reading and to improve literacy skills
- Shares school experiences with you so that you are aware of his/her school life
- Informs you if he/she needs additional support in any area or subject. If this is the case, please contact your child’s teacher so they can provide support. Unlike the end of last year, teachers will be on-site daily to provide your child with any support needed.
- Knows that you expect him/her to succeed in school and go on to college
If you have any questions about the rules and expectations, please feel free to contact your child’s teacher. It is very important that you and your child are fully informed regarding the high expectations we have set for students to ensure a safe and productive school year. The wonderful Sandridge staff and I feel privileged to be a part of this school family. We thank you for your support and look forward to meeting with you throughout the year.